Connecting along the Journey of Breast Cancer

Monday, December 25, 2006

Time to catch up with everyone!


It seems that the last time I wrote was over a month ago. Alot has happened during that time. I have not either felt like writing during this timeframe or seem to have gotten several things in the way of my creative writing time.

In November just after my last posting, I was delighted to have my Father return to his home in Chocowinity after being in a nursing and rehab center in Greenville the day before Thanksgiving. As much as we both are most grateful for all those who have taken care of Dad during his stay, of course, being back home was what we both wished he could do. It has happened and for this we are most thankful.

With Dad returning to Chocowinity, I have stayed with him at his home as he settles back in. We have had lots of home health care staff who have been helping with his ongoing health issues upon his return. We have been adjusting to this return and feel it has been a good one for both of us. My pace of going to the nursing home has changed from daily to being stable with staying home and resting as the body has needed.