Connecting along the Journey of Breast Cancer

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

SLEEP...SLEEP....SLEEP!

Tuesday, November 7th - Well....it has been days since I really have had a clear head! I came back from chemo and went to sleep and sleep almost continuously for 4 days. It has been wild to me to feel so groggy headed and depleted. I just let my body do what it needed to do and sleep seemed to be the only thing I could do.

I must say my anticipation of being sick from the drugs has been looming on my mind the whole time. The anti-naseau drugs they gave me during my treatment and the anti-naseau drugs I have taken since I received my treatment have worked!!!! I can not complain for I would much rather sleep than be sick! Yes, I am most thankful for my initial reaction to the drugs. I know each day will be different but for these beginning days I must say.... Thanks for no up-chucks! That is not my favorite past time when sick!

Well I am up late tonight but need to go to sleep again. I will see the oncologist in a couple of day to see what my blood count is and will be scheduling my next treatment. The next big event should be the loss of my hair which will be in 14-21 days! I must say I am anticipating what I will look like! It will be a riot I am sure!