Connecting along the Journey of Breast Cancer

Monday, October 16, 2006

False Start....but I am still in the race for recovery!

Today, October 16th, was to be my first day of chemo. I have been pumping myself up for the start of the race! Well.... my wonderful Doctor felt it best to spend another two weeks recovering from my second surgery. She felt it important to not introduce chemo drugs into my body until I recover further from my surgery. I have a few challenges with surgery swelling and fluid loss that I am balancing. Apparently my healing process would be greatly slowed down once chemo begins.

Yes, it was anti-climatic but probably a wise call of the Doctor's part. I have great faith that my oncologist will begin this next phase of treatment when the best time to progress arrives. My new date for chemo to begin is October 30th. Oh well...I will still have hair at Halloween! False start but I am in the race for recovery!