Connecting along the Journey of Breast Cancer

Friday, October 20, 2006

HAPPENERS REACHING OUT IN LOVE AND PRAYER!


October 12th -I had a wonderful visit from my dear friends, The Rev. and Mrs. David Umphlett and their new son, James Custis Umphlett. It was absolutely wonderful to finally have the chance to meet James Custis. What a CUTIE!!! Thanks for letting me hold him for a few minutes! He is a winner and surely will bring much joy to many!

David, is serving as the Spiritual Director of Happening. Happening was held at Trinity Center last weekend for senior high youth in East Carolina. Over 120 youth attended from across the diocese for a weekend of faith development in an environment of affirmation and love offered by their peers. It truly is a life changing weekend for many teens! Cookie Cantwell, my dear friend, has led this program for many years working with tons of teens involved in Happening.

David came bearing a gift from the Happening staff for me. They brought a prayer chain which had been made for me to embrace me in my down times and surely my times of celebration too. I was just overwhelmed as the chain was created on Thursday and hung in the prayer chapel throughout the weekend. I had a multitude of reactions flow forth from tears, awe, to great thanksgiving for all the youth and adults in our diocese who bless my life so deeply. I am so grateful for the love expressed in the many prayers that were written on each link of the chain. It has been hung in my house. I will indeed go to it to gain strength from all my dear youth friends in East Carolina.

To all the Happener's......Thank for all your love and prayers!