Connecting along the Journey of Breast Cancer

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas to all of you!


On this Christmas Day eve I write to wish all of you a blessed and joyful Christmas season! I hope that each of you have had a day in which good memories have been made for your family and you.

In our family we celebrate the twelve days of Christmas, from Christmas Eve until the Feast of the Epiphany, January 6th. We have begun our time of celebration and truly I celebrate this day in thanksgiving for the birth of our Lord as a babe arriving as our Saviour in our midst. The blessing of this time of year comes to us in so many beautiful ways. It is a time of reflection of how a child blesses a family and changes lifes. Yes, Jesus, did just that. He blessed his family 2000 + years ago and today his birth blesses the family of the world.

My Father and I took our first big journey since all of our health issues began in August up to the mountains to be with my brother, Mark, and his wife Laura. It was indeed a journey for us since it had been many months since we had gone afar. We made the trip fine though we both were quite tired on Christmas Eve. Today we have had a more relaxed day after catching up on several nights of good sleep. As much as people love this time of year it is also an exhausting time for many with travels involved. For all of you who are traveling this Christmas season, I hope it is safe and enjoyable. For those of you, who are staying home, I hope you have a wonderful time with your Christmas celebration as well.

For today....I wish you all a very Holy and Blessed Christmas!