Connecting along the Journey of Breast Cancer

Monday, December 25, 2006

Third Treatment in December

DECEMBER 14, 2006 - My third chemo treatment was on this day. This time during treatment I began to have a headache. I did not know that I would have that headache for a week at the time. The staff were most kind as always. I left the treatment knowing that my next treatment will be on Jan. 5th. I will be able to get through the two weeks of Christmas without chemo treatment until the new year!
I have to admit the third go round has been tougher. I had the naseau feeling for a full week with my energy feeling most depleted. I took more medicine this time after treatments and have slept alot which is the side effect of these drugs. I have felt more exhaustion with this treatment and for some the accumlative effect takes place with fatigue more present. After the initial week of fatigue, headaches and quizziness, I began to feel better. It is a mystery what is happening to me.