Connecting along the Journey of Breast Cancer

Thursday, March 29, 2007

A glimpse at Carol's many do's during chemo!


Dad and I out at church!

My friends, Elizabeth Hedberg and Ashton Fox Johnson. Elizabeth is a PA and Ashton is my Family Medicine Doctor! Both are cool friends from youth ministry and Camp Trinity days.

Lisa Aycock, a youth minister and dear friend. Lisa was one of the pro's who originally shaved my head!


Beth Crow, Diocese of Southwestern Virginia who was the keynoter at the Diocesan Youth Celebration. This was the first event for me since the journey began! It was wonderful to be back with the youth of the diocese!


This was the first premiere of "Olivia", my wig. I have to admit...it is easy to grab your hair and go. Little maintanance for sure!

A true blonde...I am not!

Baseball hat on Dad's 82nd Birthday on December 31, 2006 with my brother Mark and sister-in-law, Laura.
My St. Mary's buddy, Nelle Keeley. We were a little pink and green at my hair shaving party!
My cancer gifts from family with a cute white snow hat from my brother.
My wig, Olivia, at Dad's 50th Anniversary to the Priesthood on February 14, 2007 with the Rector, Sonney Browne, of Trinity Church, Chocowinity.
Margaret Maron, a NC author, who went to school with my aunt. She writes murder mysteries. I enjoyed her bookreading and program with my black hat that day! This was a treat that Mimi Quick took me to for the Literacy Society at the Tipsy Teapot in Greenville. It was a nice outing for me!
The Russian look from my friend Butterball, who is my primary source of unique hats. This was brought back from Russia by a missionary. Flaps up in this picture.
Flaps down....Eastern NC just did not get cold enough for this hat!
The Bugs Bunny Look!

OK....here is Sylvester! What a hoot!
An evening with David and Lorinda Umphlett and their son, James. Bless James' heart! He just could not get over me having a hairdo similar to his or was it my glasses?

Mimi and I with my fuzzy hat! My favorite hats this winter...I had a black, purple and teal one....all from my brother!


Elizabeth and Charlotte Daniel on my hatless day!
Bishop Daniel and Anne with my wig, Olivia!

"Pretty in Pink"
My multi-colored hair which I wore to greet the Trinity Church Christmas Carol group at Dad's house. I do not think the little children knew what to think. She is a "crazy lady" was written on their faces though!

I have wanted long hair for awhile even it is purple. On that beautiful hair is my "Turkey Hat" for Thanksgiving which my friend, Butterball sent me to be festive over the holiday! Did I ever look like a TURKEY!